Also called towel rails, more and more people across the UK are enjoying the benefits of having a towel radiator in their homes. Heated towel bathroom radiators make for an effective, convenient and attractive modern feature to any home.
Historically, towel radiators were seen as a sign of opulence or luxury. Country estates and elite hotels would boast about their heated towel amenities to entice customers. In the past decade, towel radiators have become more accessible to almost everyone. Families across the country are able to install a towel radiator of their choice as an upgrade or design feature to various rooms in their house.
Today we’ll look at some of the best towel radiators available and why you should install one.
Top benefits of towel radiators
A good towel radiator will provide you with warm, dry and fresh towels at all times of the day. Whether you need to dry off a soggy bathmat, warm up a robe or freshen up some linen — bathroom radiators have plenty of uses and benefits. You can also use towel rails to dry wet jackets, shoes and bathing suits.
Other advantages include:
- Added room heating — A small towel radiator in a cosy room or bathroom acts as an extra source of heat on cold days. For larger rooms, you can place two radiators at either end for added warmth.
- Germ-free heating — The rise in temperature that a towel radiator provides to the room ensures that moist, damp surfaces dry at a quicker pace. This leaves less room for germs and fungi to grow. Make sure to keep the radiator’s surface clean at all times, with regular maintenance to make it last for as many years as possible.
- Decorative feature — Modern towel radiators come in various different colours and finishes to suit your home’s aesthetics. Choose from panelled, horizontal or even ladder-type designs for a contemporary look.
- Extra storage — Towel radiators serve as racks to hang up clothing, linen and towels in a practical and elegant fashion. Some people prefer to wall-mount their rails to save on space, and others install them directly to the floor.
- Energy efficiency — Drying everyday items on a towel rail that is already in use allows you to save on using the dryer more often. This makes it cost and energy-efficient in the long run.
There are so many different options of towel radiators available today, you can easily find the perfect one for any room. You should always ask a trained professional to carry out the installation and moving of a towel radiator for you to ensure that it is carried out properly.
Some of our favourite towel radiators
With so many different options available today, both online and in-store, it can be daunting to come to a decision. Check out some of our top picks in towel racks to help you choose the right one for you.
Space-saving towel radiators
If you are trying to make the best of small spaces, these radiators are perfect for warmth and efficiency. Hang them high to keep them out of your way, and many even double-up as shelving units.
Electric towel radiators
These radiators can be installed in almost any area of your home, especially if you find it difficult to connect them to your central heating system. They work solely on an electric power supply and still provide all the heat you need. Choose horizontal, vertical, aluminium or stainless steel electric towel radiators in sizes ranging from 300mm-1200mm in width to 200mm-2000mm in height.
Modern towel radiators
These state-of-the-art and stylish radiators make for a great addition to any contemporary home. Even if you live in a traditional space, install one of these radiators for a modern upgrade or design feature. Our modern radiators come in a variety of price points to suit almost any budget.
Browse modern radiators in:
- White pearl
- Matt black
- Coloured glass
- Textured grey
Different types of towel radiators available today
You can choose a wide range of towel radiators at Great Rads. Whether you are looking for dual fuel, electric or central heated — we have assembled an unrivalled range to meet all your needs. Shop stainless steel towel radiators, chrome rails, aluminium, or even more traditional looking ones.
It is a common misconception that towel radiators can only be installed in the bathroom. Towel radiators can be used in any room of the house including your cloak room, hallway, bedroom, dining area or living room.
The Great Rads team can offer advice on BTU output, installation, sizing and appearance for any room in your house. If you are struggling to make a decision, reach out to our friendly team who are ready to help you out at any time.